RUTH. BADER. GINSBERG.
This just illustrates everything so perfectly. No one questions an all-male cast or Supreme Court or board meeting or anthology or whatever, but an entirely female one would somehow be “not representative” or “but why didn’t you just choose on merit not on gender PCness?” Forget all-female, even, put more than two women on there and people will start asking about “trying to fill a quota?”
RBG NOT TAKING SHIT FROM NOBODY
There are even more than nine ways to be a woman.
Ruth Badass Wins-berg highlights the double standard inherent in our notions of the default
—"I’ve always been a history buff. It was one of the few subjects at school that really, really caught me. I think you’ll find a lot of actors will be interested in history because it sparks your imagination so much. When you enter a period of history, your imagination just goes wild in creating the world, which is really what acting is."
- Spend hours watching the object of your affections without her knowledge - obviously this is acceptable as long as you love her - then introduce yourself by essentially jumping out of the bushes and startling the crap out of her and scaring her away. This will immediately establish that you love her.
- Other relationships are barriers to your love; do not tolerate others competing for attention from the object of your affection; nothing says “I love you” like a family member crushed under a tree branch.
- Make friends with people who question your love’s right to exist, and don’t forget to defend their behaviour in front of her. This is a surefire way of making her understand that you love her; who could fail to be impressed?
- Then be sure to insult her other acquaintances - if you can accuse them of misdeeds, so much the better - so she knows that you love her so much you will never approve of her having independent opinions, and friendships with people not vetted by you. She will appreciate these little attentions.
- If you are in an uncomfortable or embarrassing situation, don’t forget to take the opportunity to call her an appalling racial slur! The more vile the epithet, the better! Nothing says love like a socially unacceptable insult!
- Don’t forget to join a terrorist group bent on the extermination of your love, and everyone like her, in direct opposition to her actions. If the opportunity to spy on her side ever arises, you should be sure to use it as effectively as possible; pass on any information you uncover, with absolutely no regard for the potential consequences.
- Should you ever be in a position to save her life, be sure to offer the life of her husband and son in exchange for hers. After all, she doesn’t really need them when she has you, and the fact that you are willing to sacrifice them despite the crippling emotional devastation it will cause her will demonstrate the depths of your affection for her.
- Should the object of your love die, you can continue to express your love for her by mercilessly bullying her offspring, especially if they happen to bear a resemblance to someone you hated in school.
as i was reading this, the heavens parted and an angel softly playing a harp descended to wipe the tear droplets off my cheeks and offer me golden buttered toast and soothing words as i attempted to tattoo this pièce de résistance on my forehead
I can’t even deal with how accurate this is.
I thought half of these were about Edward Cullen.
Anonymous said: u take a lot of selfies. do u think ur pretty or smoething? ur not
hi there, anon. i didn’t realize i took a lot of selfies. thanks for the info. so, your question was whether i think i’m pretty. you already answered that no, i am not.
and i have to agree, anon. i don’t think i’m pretty bc i’m not.
i always have a double chin.
i constantly look like i haven’t slept in a week bc of my dark circles
and, i always look sunburnt. idfk why
i have this white line across my nose that makeup can’t cover up
i have tons of wrinkles on my forehead. like what the hell? i’m 25
also, it’s the size of fucking texas
i still don’t know how to smile in pictures bc i hate my fucking teeth
my feet are flat. my hips are huge. my boobs are weird. i am covered in stretch marks. my voice is grating. my ears stick out two miles from my head. i am always fucking sweating and i’ve been asked if i was pregnant more times than i can count.
so, you’re right. i’m not pretty. i can’t stand the way i look.
which is why it’s so fucking important that i post “a lot” of selfies. bc, anon, you’d better fucking believe that if i look in the mirror that day and don’t cringe, i’m gonna take a fucking picture to save that tiny little second. and GOD FORBID i show the world that i posses a little self love every once in a fucking while.
TO ANYONE READING THIS: DON’T EVER LET SOMEONE MAKE YOU FEEL ASHAMED FOR LIKING THE WAY YOU LOOK—EVEN IF IT’S JUST FOR A SECOND. IF YOU LOOK NICE, YOU TAKE THAT FUCKING SELFIE AND YOU SHOW IT TO THE GOD DAMN WORLD BC THEY DESERVE TO SEE THE GOD/GODDESS YOU ARE!
that beard finally coming in? go ahead, bro. take a selfie.
you finally got that piercing you’ve been wanting? not really my style, but you’re fucking rocking it. take a selfie.
your boobs look awesome in that shirt? take a selfie.
you finally lose or gain that weight you’ve been working on? take a selfie.
your eyeliner look awesome? your new sunglasses make you look like a celebrity avoiding the paparazzi? you killing that tux? you feel a tiny, rare level of self love? you always on a high level of self love? you just like your face?
TAKE A MOTHAFUCKING SELFIE!
thanks for the question, anon. this one’s for you.